Resources for Bully Prevention
With the recent media spotlight on bullying, schools are stepping up and standing up to all forms of social, emotional and physical abuse. Even with a school's best efforts; bullying can affect the safety and well-being of the entire student population. In order to put an end to this abuse, it needs to be addressed at every level of a student's experience. AEP has the resources available to help your school be a “Bully-Free Zone.” Below are some very real bullying statistics:
- 1 in 4 students say they are unsure of their safety at school
- For every 25 middle school kids, an average of 2-3 kids are bullied weekly
- 1 out of 5 kids admits to being a bully, or doing some "bullying"
- 8% of students miss 1 day of class per month for fear of bullies
- 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month